SDAR is hosting its annual New Laws and Industry Outlook event on Thursday, January 13 to educate local real estate professionals about recently enacted laws, legislative proposals, and other key issues shaping the industry in the new year.
Taking place at the Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, the event will feature speakers and panelists from the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) and California Association of REALTORS® (C.A.R.), along with some of the region’s top policymakers. In addition to presentations on economic, legislative, and industry updates, guests will have the opportunity to attend interactive breakout sessions led by industry experts on topics such as housing affordability and infrastructure, commercial real estate, accessory dwelling units, evictions, sea level rise policies, fire hazard home hardening disclosures, and much more.
Featured speakers will include:
- Gov Hutchinson, Asst. General Counsel,
- C.A.R.Shannon McGahn, Chief Advocacy Officer, NAR
- Sanjay Wagle, Senior VP of Government Affairs, C.A.R.
- Christine LaMarca, President, California Rental Housing Association
- State Senator Brian Jones, 38th Senate District
- Supervisor Jim Desmond, County of San Diego
- Mayor Richard Bailey, City of Coronado
- Mayor Terry Gaasterland, City of Del Mar
- Council Member Vivian Moreno, City of San Diego
- Ray Major, Chief Data Analytics Officer/Chief Economist, SANDAG
- Jordan Levine, VP and Chief Economist, C.A.R.
- Elyse Lowe, Director, Development Services Department, City of San Diego
The event will also serve as the installation of SDAR’s 2022 Board President Chris Anderson. Anderson obtained her real estate license in 1989; her decades of experience and longstanding service to SDAR make her well prepared for leadership.
Where: Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, 10950 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037
Cost: $49 (breakfast included)
For event registration and details, visit www.sdar.com/newlaws.